Hired and fired... It's the revolving door on sales teams. Executives hire what they believe to be great salespeople, but the results never come – and the salespeople are let go. This perpetual cycle eradicates profits, makes revenue targets pipe dreams, and has sales leaders pulling out their hair in frustration.
Despite these issues, executives continue to try to "hire great salespeople." That three-word expression is exactly what Hire Right, Higher Profits is all about. Sales management strategist, Lee Salz begins the book by challenging readers with the $25,000 Revenue Test which most executives fail. Then, he hits readers between the eyes with the statement "there are no great salespeople" and offers proof of it! He also cautions those executives – who view the competition as their primary sales talent source – of its risks.
But Salz doesn't stop there! He challenges executives to shift their perspective from hiring salespeople to investing in revenue. Each salesperson represents a revenue investment made by the company with the core objective of receiving a fast, high return on it – no different than when companies invest in sales strategies, tactics, and ideas to grow revenue.
Hire Right, Higher Profits teaches executives how to determine what type of revenue investment is needed, evaluate revenue investment candidates and get a fast, high return on the investment made in their new salespeople. The book is a step-by-step, practical guide teaching you how to implement the revenue investment concept – impacting both the top and bottom lines. It's a fun, educational read chock-full of stories as you learn how to:
• Shift your executive team's perspective from hiring salespeople to investing in revenue
• Identify the factors that affect revenue investment performance – the cause of salesperson success or failure in the role
• Assemble a Revenue Investment Evaluation Program to contrast candidates with the performance factors
• Scrutinize a Revenue Investment Prospectus – a salesperson's resume – to get to the truth
• Evaluate candidates so you select the right salespeople for revenue investments
• Protect the revenue investment through structured sales onboarding
• Design sales onboarding curriculum to get a fast, high return on the new revenue investments
• Assess revenue investment performance both during and post-onboarding
The methodology presented in Hire Right, Higher Profits can be implemented in any company, in any industry, of any size. The book is not based on scientific studies, but rather on real-world, field-tested sales management practices that Lee Salz has developed and used for over twenty years with both his sales teams and for clients. Whether you are a seasoned executive or new sales manager, this book has everything you need to build a world-class sales force.